A Fourth of July wildfire that scorched one acre on Mount Tamalpais could have been far worse had it not occurred in the shorter grasses of a fuel break created several years ago, Marin County Fire Department officials said. The fire, not traced to holiday fireworks but to arcing power lines along Indian Fire Road near Mill Valley, was . . .

You have reached content available exclusively to Point Reyes Light digital subscribers.

Receive a 3-day free trial of unlimited digital access.

Already a subscriber? Login here.