A fire sparked by a downed power line near the Point Reyes Hostel on Monday night burned about 1.6 acres of brush but luckily left the hostel undamaged, according to Point Reyes National Seashore rangers. Hostel manager Hannah Morris said she and her husband, Aaron Ely, noticed something was amiss when the lights dimmed, and they called 911 . . .

You have reached content available exclusively to Point Reyes Light digital subscribers.

Receive a 3-day free trial of unlimited digital access.

Already a subscriber? Login here.